Diarrhea is defined as a bowel movement that is more liquid than solid or has a loose texture, according to Medicalnewstoday. Diarrhea is commonly referred to as “running stomach” or “purging.” Diarrhea can be caused by a variety of factors, however, it is often a non-medical concern in certain circumstances.
It is common for people to have diarrhea once or twice a year. When someone has diarrhea, the food they consume has a big impact on how bad it gets.
Some foods aggravate diarrhea, while others help to alleviate it.
If you’re purging, here are five foods to consider (Diarrhea)
1. White Rice: One of the best foods to eat during purging is simply white rice.
Avoid adding stew or any form of veggies to plain white rice because according to WebMD, adding anything to the rice can irritate the digestive tract and make diarrhea worse.
2. Boiled Potatoes: Potatoes are one of the most nutrient-dense foods available. Sweet potatoes are also one of the greatest foods for people who are attempting to cleanse their system. However, instead of frying the potatoes, boil them and eat them plain because sweet potatoes are naturally sweet.
3. Bread: wheat grains are used to make bread. The wheat used in some breads, on the other hand, has been treated and turned into white flour. According to healthline, Whole wheat breads contain insoluble fiber, which can stimulate digestion and exacerbate diarrhea. As a result, eating white wheat bread is essential.
4. Hot Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a nutritious food with numerous health advantages. One of the finest items to eat if you have diarrhea is hot oatmeal. However, sugar-containing oats should be avoided because diarrhea and sugar don’t mix well. Also, oats should not be served with milk.
5. Water and Coconut Water: While water does not always help with purging, it can keep the individual hydrated, which is important because diarrhea can lead to dehydration, which is harmful.
A person’s body also loses critical nutrients such as vitamins after purging. Drinking coconut water, on the other hand, can help the body recover some of the minerals and nutrients it has lost.