Are you aware that there are certain foods that can help improve insulin sensitivity? Insulin is a necessary substance that is secreted by the beta cells of the pancreas, it helps in regulating blood sugar level by making the cells use them, thus making your blood sugar level balanced and normal.
But if you are suffering from type 2 diabetes, the insulin sensitivity will reduce meaning that, the cells won’t be able to recognize the substance when it gets secreted talk more of using it, when this happens such a person become fully diabetic. In this article in line with a publication on Medical News Today, we are going to have a look at some foods you should eat regularly as a diabetic patient to help boost insulin sensitivity. Just sit tight and enjoy this article while learning something new.
What Are The Foods You Should Eat Or Consume Regularly?
1. Consume sweet potatoes regularly because it contains a low glycemic index unlike the conventional potatoes and contain necessary compounds that can boost insulin sensitivity.
2. Eat more tomatoes because they contain vitamin C and vitamin E which are great for the body of diabetic patients.
3. Consume more citrus fruits such as oranges, limes, lemons, grapefruits whenever you get the opportunity.
4. Consume foods that contain fiber to a good extent because they can help boost digestion and also boost insulin sensitivity.
5. Eat protein rich foods such as lean meats, fish, soy, legumes and nuts regularly.
6. Drink Water Regularly over sweetened or even fruit juices because water helps make the body’s sugar content less concentrated which is a win-win for a diabetic patient.