Health Condition That Can Make A Man’s Erection Last For 4 Hours
Do you know that there is a medical condition that can cause an erection that is persistent and painful? It is a rare condition but common amongst people suffering from sickle cell anemia. This condition is referred to as priapism and it is a prolonged erection of the male genitalia. Sometimes it can be a full or partial erection but it is not usually due to intimacy or copulation and it lasts for hours.
There are two types of priapism and they are; ischemic priapism and nonischemic priapism. The latter is a medical emergency but in this article in line with a publication on Mayo Clinic, we are going to have a look at some facts about this disease in men; starting from the symptoms.
What Are The Signs Of Priapism?
1. Rigid or hard shaft but the tip of the male genitalia remains soft. This is a weird experience but it is common amongst people suffering from priapism.
2. Painful erection that’s lasts for more than 4 hours and usually not related to any intimacy or copulation. It just happens and can be very painful and damaging to the cells in the male private organ.
3. Penile pain that appears to be getting worse as time goes on due to the persistent erections that lasts for hours.
Who is At A Higher Risk of This Condition?
1. People living with sickle cell anemia can start suffering from Priapism at a younger age while normal people suffer from it starting from their 30s.
2. People Suffering from leukemia ate also at a higher risk of suffering from priapism.
3. Spinal cord Injuries and certain penile cancers may also cause priapism.
4. Scorpion bite, spider bite or any other toxic infection may also trigger this condition in healthy people.