Avoid Taking Bread And Tea If You Have These Conditions
February 4, 2023
Here are 5 medical conditions that may require avoiding bread and tea:
- Celiac disease: Celiac disease is a genetic autoimmune disorder that affects the small intestine, causing damage to the villi that are responsible for absorbing nutrients from food. When people with celiac disease consume gluten, which is found in many types of bread, it triggers an immune response that causes inflammation and damage to the small intestine.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): IBS is a chronic digestive condition that can cause discomfort, bloating, and constipation or diarrhea. Some people with IBS may find that consuming wheat-based products, including bread, can trigger symptoms.
- Lactose intolerance: People with lactose intolerance are unable to digest lactose, a sugar found in dairy products, which can lead to digestive symptoms such as bloating, gas, and diarrhea. Some breads contain added lactose, so it is important for people with lactose intolerance to check the ingredient list before consuming bread.
- Acid reflux: Acid reflux is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back into the esophagus, causing heartburn and other symptoms. Some people find that consuming certain foods, including bread, can trigger acid reflux.
- Caffeine sensitivity: Some people are sensitive to caffeine, which is found in tea, and consuming it can lead to symptoms such as jitters, rapid heartbeat, and insomnia. If you have any of these conditions, it is always best to speak to your doctor or a registered dietitian before making any changes to your diet. They can help you determine what foods are safe for you to consume and help you create a balanced and nutritious eating plan.