Fasting is referred to as the abstinence from food or drinks for a particular period. This practice dates back to centuries ago and has become very popular today. According to Healthline, fasting has health benefits that can do certain things in your body. Here are some of them.
1) Fasting can improve blood sugar control : This can help people who are at risk of getting diabetes. Fasting can also increase insulin sensitivity and this will allow your body to transfer glucose to your cells more effectively.
2) It can fight inflammation: Chronic inflammation can lead to heart diseases and even cancer. However, fasting can help to improve better health and decrease inflammation.
3) It can improve heart health: According to studies, fasting can help to improve blood pressure, reduce bad cholesterol and also reduce a person’s risk of developing heart diseases.
4) It can boost your brain function: Fasting has a powerful effect on brain health and can also improve cognitive function and prevent neurodegenerative disorders. It can also protect the brain.
5) It can help in weight loss: Fasting can help to improve the body’s metabolism and also preserve muscle tissues. This can help to aid in weight loss.