Sperms are usually associated with pregnancy, as they are the male reproductive cells necessary for fertilizing a female egg and initiating pregnancy. However, there are other things that sperms can do in a woman’s body. Here are 10 other functions of sperms in a woman’s body:
1. Boosting mood: Studies have shown that semen contains mood-enhancing hormones like oxytocin, serotonin, and cortisol. These hormones can help to reduce stress, promote relaxation and improve mood.
2. Fighting depression: Semen also contains natural antidepressants such as serotonin, prolactin, and oxytocin. These chemicals are known to have mood-lifting effects and can help to alleviate symptoms of depression.
3. Improving sleep: The melatonin present in semen can help regulate sleep cycles and improve the quality of sleep.
4. Increasing fertility: Semen contains prostaglandins, which can help to soften and dilate the cervix, making it easier for the sperm to reach the egg.
5. Boosting the immune system: Semen contains immune-boosting compounds like TGF-beta, which can help to protect against infections and boost the immune system.
6. Reducing menstrual cramps: The hormone prostaglandin found in semen can help to alleviate menstrual cramps and reduce pain.
7. Reducing inflammation: Semen contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
8. Improving skin health: Semen contains zinc, magnesium, and calcium, which are essential for healthy skin and can help to reduce acne.
9. Increasing libido: The hormone testosterone found in semen can help to boost libido and increase sexual desire.
10. Enhancing fertility treatments: Sperm can be used in assisted reproductive technologies such as intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to help women who are having difficulty conceiving.
In conclusion, sperms have various functions in a woman’s body beyond pregnancy. From boosting mood to reducing inflammation, the benefits of semen are numerous and can positively impact a woman’s overall health and well-being.