Garlic has been used for centuries for its numerous medicinal benefits and great health-promoting effects.
In an article written by Healthline, garlic can be consumed in different ways, but one of the simplest ways is to add garlic to water, boil it and drink the resulting liquid. This will give you the medical benefits of garlic while also keeping you hydrated.
1. Garlic tea is a good source of essential nutrients and is packed with vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial compounds. It contains selenium, manganese, vitamin C, copper, and vitamin B6, among other minerals.
Additionally, it has a high concentration of antioxidants and sulfur compounds, as well as a unique molecule called allicin.
2. Drinking garlic tea on a regular basis can assist in naturally boosting your immune system. It possesses antibacterial, antibiotic, and antifungal characteristics that may aid in the prevention of infections, including the common cold and flu.
3. The extraordinary antioxidants and health benefits may also aid in the fight against free radicals, which can cause immune system damage and weakness.
4. Garlic tea is also an excellent way to reduce your risk of developing heart disease. Garlic and garlic water have been shown in trials to significantly decrease blood pressure.
Garlic water may also help reduce total cholesterol and bad LDL cholesterol, both of which are risk factors for heart disease. Additionally, antioxidants and a high nutritional intake benefit the heart.
5. Garlic tea may aid in the prevention of bone diseases such as osteoporosis, as well as improving overall bone health and lowering the risk of fractures. It may increase bone mineral density and strength, hence decreasing the risk of fractures.
To maximize the benefits of garlic water, it is better to chop the garlic and add it to the water. Infuse a glass of water with a single clove of garlic, diced or chopped, for a few hours. To taste, you can add a teaspoon of organic raw honey to the garlic water.