There are many reasons why men may release quickly during intimacy, also known as premature ejaculation. Here are some possible causes:
- Psychological factors: Premature ejaculation can be caused by psychological factors such as anxiety, depression, stress, and relationship problems. Men who are anxious or stressed about their sexual performance may be more likely to release quickly.
- Physical factors: Some physical conditions such as prostate problems, thyroid issues, and abnormal hormone levels can affect sexual function and lead to premature ejaculation.
- Inexperience: Men who are new to sexual experiences or who have not had regular sexual activity may be more likely to release quickly due to lack of experience and control.
- Certain medications: Some medications, such as antidepressants and blood pressure medications, can affect sexual function and lead to premature ejaculation.
- Genetics: Some studies suggest that genetics may play a role in premature ejaculation, although more research is needed to understand the relationship.
It’s important to note that premature ejaculation is a common condition that affects many men at some point in their lives. If premature ejaculation is causing significant distress or impacting your sexual relationships, it’s important to talk to a healthcare professional to explore possible treatment options. These may include psychotherapy, medication, or techniques to improve control and delay ejaculation.