According to Healthline, putting onions in socks is a home remedy that has been used for generations. It is said that this technique has a variety of health benefits, from better sleep to strengthened immunity. However, here are some reasons why you should put onions in your socks.
1. Sleep quality is increased because onions are known to emit sulfur compounds, which are thought to assist control sleep cycles and encourage restful sleep.
2. Immune system stimulation. Onions have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics that can help strengthen the body’s defenses against disease.
3. It has been said that putting onions in your socks would assist to reduce foot pain and increase circulation.
4. Onions are said to be beneficial in battling colds and other illnesses due to the sulfur compounds in them, which are thought to have antiseptic and antibacterial characteristics.
5. Reducing swelling and discomfort in the feet and lower legs. Onions’ anti-inflammatory qualities can help decrease swelling and pain in these areas.
6. Helps the body eliminate toxins and impurities. It is believed that the sulfur compounds in onions help the body detoxify by assisting in the removal of these substances.
In conclusion, despite the paucity of scientific data supporting the efficacy of this home cure, several individuals have experienced success. Place sliced onions in your socks before night if you are interested in giving it a try, and let the organic chemicals work their magic.