1. It’s impossible to say no. You find it hard to say no to people’s offers. You don’t like to say “no” as much as you dislike saying “yes.” You might think you’re being nice by not wanting to say no, but if you don’t, people will take your help for granted and be angry with you if you don’t help them again.
2. You’re an old saying. Everyone around you, especially the people you love, can always predict how you’ll act. They use your predictability against you to manipulate you and get you to do what they want. You may feel tricked and used, but you also feel like you have no control.
3. You’re much too nice. Since you try to make everyone happy, you can’t be rude. You tell yourself that you are a nice person in a harsh world, but in reality, you may be an idealist idiot in a real world who is too nice and makes people take you for granted, even if they don’t know it.
4. You wait to make a choice. You’d rather find reasons not to deal with or fix things that bother you than deal with or fix them right now. You might think that putting off making a choice is the easy way out, but it’s actually the most cowardly way to solve a problem.
4. Your family, partner, or friends who know you don’t like to make hard decisions may use this against you and make decisions for you, forcing you to do something you wouldn’t want to do because they know you can’t say no.
5.You can’t talk to people face-to-face. If you feel like you’re being used, you should deal with the problem. If you can’t deal with the problem, you’ll be unhappy and full of anger and disappointment, which will eat you up from the inside out.
6. You don’t trust yourself. Deep down, you have doubts about yourself and don’t trust your skills. You think that other people are good and perfect, but you see flaws in yourself. You are broken on the inside, and you are always trying to make people like you.
7. You give more than what you get back. You just don’t know when to stop helping people. And before you know it, you always end up giving a lot more than you need. And by then, it’s usually too late because the person you’re giving money to may have already decided you’re not worth anything. Even if you pull away, they’ll be angry and say you’re the one who has changed for the worse.
If you recognize any of these traits in yourself, it’s likely that the people close to you take you for granted.
At the end of the day, you can’t make your life better until you decide to stop letting other people take you for granted.