Bitter kola, also known as Garcinia kola, is a plant that is widely cultivated in Nigeria and other West African countries. It has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties and is still widely consumed today. In this article, we will discuss the 7 categories of people who are encouraged to eat bitter kola regularly in Nigeria.
1. Pregnant Women: Bitter kola is known to contain several vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to pregnant women. It is believed to help reduce the incidence of morning sickness, boost the immune system, and aid in the development of the baby’s brain.
2. People with Diabetes: Bitter kola has been shown to have anti-diabetic properties. It is believed to help regulate blood sugar levels by increasing insulin sensitivity.
3. People with High Blood Pressure: Bitter kola is known to contain a compound called kolaviron which has been shown to have anti-hypertensive properties. This makes it a good option for people with high blood pressure.
4. People with Erectile Dysfunction: Bitter kola is believed to have aphrodisiac properties and has been used for centuries to treat sexual dysfunction in men. It is believed to help boost libido and improve sexual performance.
5. People with Digestive Problems: Bitter kola is known to have anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce inflammation in the digestive tract. It is also believed to help promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
6. People with Respiratory Problems: Bitter kola is believed to have antimicrobial properties which can help fight off respiratory infections. It is also believed to help improve lung function and reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract.
7. People with Skin Problems: Bitter kola is known to contain antioxidants which can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. It is also believed to help reduce inflammation and promote the healing of skin wounds.
In conclusion, bitter kola is a plant with several health benefits. If you fall into any of the categories of people listed above, you may want to consider adding bitter kola to your diet. However, as with any natural remedy, it is important to consult with your healthcare provider before starting to consume it regularly.