Hey there! Some people think gecko lizards are friendly little creatures and don’t want to hurt them. But if you’ve been having trouble with them in your home, here are some simple ways to keep them out:
1. Cover Your Windows and Doors: Make sure you put screens on all your windows and doors, especially if your doors don’t close tightly. Geckos can slip in through small spaces. Even regular sliding windows might not stop them, so be extra careful.
2. Use Garlic: If you see geckos around, try scaring them away with garlic. Cut some garlic and put it where they usually leave their droppings. Geckos really don’t like the smell of garlic, which is why you don’t find them in kitchens with garlic.
3. Egg Shells to the Rescue: Geckos don’t like eggshells. If you have eggshells, just break them and leave them where you see geckos most often. It’s like a magic trick to keep them away.
4. Get Rid of Bugs: Geckos love to eat bugs, so if you don’t have many bugs in your home, they won’t want to stay. You can use bug spray or call someone to help get rid of the bugs in your house.
5. Keep Things Tidy: Don’t leave a lot of stuff lying around your home or office. Geckos like clutter, so try to keep things neat and tidy. It’s the same with your kitchen; don’t leave too many things out, and they won’t have a place to hide.
Remember, these are just simple tricks to make geckos want to go somewhere else. We want to be kind to all creatures, but sometimes we need to make sure our homes are comfortable for us too.